Want to Join in?
Look for our Geocaches Named - "BBA@"
(Big Boreal Adventure @)
Welcome to the wonderful world of GEOCACHING!
Have you ever wanted to look for hidden treasure?
Well here is your chance! Geocaching is like a high-tech Treasure Hunt and Now - there are many Geocache sites within the Big Boreal Adventure - and soon there will be more!
What is Geocaching?
Geocaching: 'Geo' Representing that the coordinates for these caches are international and the caches are hidden all over the world; 'Cache' standing literally for - a hidden treasure.
Geocaching is a worldwide game in with someone hides a cache - could be a small or large cache - and then posts the GPS coordinates on the internet. From here - anyone can take the coordinates to use and go out and find the cache. The only rule is: if you Take Something, Leave Something of equal value behind... AND Please Sign the Logbook!
With The Big Boreal Adventure - we have posted the coordinates but we have ALSO created compass-directions for those who may not have access to a GPS. You can find these directions in our 2011/2012 (and newer) Guidebooks - which you can get for FREE at any of our regular distribution points.
Sites that have Caches:
- Centennial Park - "BBA@Centennial"
- Chippenwa Park - "BBA@Chippewa"
- Boulevard Lake - Main Beach - "BBA@Boulevard"
- Boulevard - Birch Point Park - "BBA@BirchPoint"
- Cascades Cosservation Area - "BBA@Cascades"
- George Burke Park - "BBA@GeorgeBurke"
- Mills Block Forest - "BBA@Mills"
- Pennock Creek North (The Tree Farm) - "BBA@PennockCreekForestTrailNorth"