Where can I get the Guidebook & Map?
- Waverley Resource Library - http://www.tbpl.ca/
- Brodie Resource Library - http://www.tbpl.ca/
- County Park Branch Library - http://www.tbpl.ca/
- Mary J. L. Black Library - http://www.tbpl.ca/
- The Thunder Bay Art Gallery - http://www.theag.ca/
- Wilderness Supply - http://www.wildernesssupply.ca/
- NorWest Community Health Centres - http://www.norwestchc.org/
- Rural Family Resource Centre - Contact Info
- Communities Together for Children - http://www.ctctbay.org/
- Our Kids Count - http://www.ourkidscount.ca/
- as well as Various Daycares in town
What is the Big Boreal Adventure?
The Big Boreal Adventure is a free, nature-based scavenger hunt in Thunder Bay, designed to get people outside, exploring the city. A guidebook is available to launch the search for 30 special sites dotted throughout Thunder Bay’s natural spaces. Re-visit your favourite green spaces and discover new ones at your own pace. The Big Boreal Adventure is accessible for all ages.
What is a Geocache?
Definition: Geo: Representing the global aspect of this worldwide game; Cache: meaning hidden treasure.
Geocaching is a worldwide game in with someone hides a cache - could be a small or large cache - and then posts the GPS coordinates on the internet. From here - anyone can take the coordinates to use and go out and find the cache. The only rule is: if you Take Something, Leave Something of equal value behind... AND Please Sign the Logbook!